Phrasal verbs are a group of words ( English phrases ) that form a verb. These English phrases include a verb and an adverb or a preposition. If you do not recognize these English phrases as a single action, the definition and grammar of the phrasal verbs can be confusing.
The Importance of Phrasal Verbs
1. Phrasal verbs are very common with native speakers.
2. To a native speaker, phrasal verbs sound more natural.
3. Phrasal verbs help English intonation.
4. Phrasal verbs help focus on the important words.
5. Phrasal verbs allow faster communication and better rhythm when we speak.
6. The phrases function a verb.
7. Sometimes, the meaning can be different than the verb by itself.
8. Knowing phrasal verbs is an essential part of the English language.