An Illinois man left the snow-filled streets of Chicago for a vacation in Florida. His wife was on a business trip and was planning to meet him there the next day. When he reached his hotel he decided to send his wife a quick email. Unfortunately, when typing her address, he missed one letter, and his email was sent to an elderly preacher’s wife whose husband had passed away only the day before. When the grieving widow checked her email, she read it, let out a scream, and fell to the floor. At the sound, her family rushed into the room and saw the email on her computer: Dearest Wife, Just got checked in. Everything prepared for your arrival tomorrow. P.S. Sure is hot down here.
- Who is a preacher?
- What does “passed away” mean?
- What is a “grieving widow”?
- What does “checked in” mean?
- Why did she scream and fall to the floor?
- A person who speaks about religion at a church.
- “passed away” means died
- “grieving widow” means the wife is still sad and upset about her husband’s death
- “checked in” is the process of arriving at a place (such as a hotel)
- She thought her dead husband sent her the email. He said he arrived and was checked in. He was waiting for her tomorrow to arrive. It is HOT down here. (people refer to “hell” as being below and very hot)